[PCB_FORUM] Re: excellent point Andrew!

  • From: Andy_Kulik@xxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:51:54 -0400

Why would you want to wait until it is implemented in 15.whatever.
The only things you would get are:

1) an increased level of frustration, which results in the usual
complaints, and
2) you have to work with a piece of software that doesn't really help you.

Don't get me wrong Kevin. I am not taking sides here, but I know out of
personal experience, that you can make a difference
and help prevent "crap" from being implemented. You may not be able to do
it directly, but by posting suggestions or opinions
on this forum, you do it indirectly. I mean this is what this forum is all
about. Ask questions and tell everybody how you think the tools should
work.
Don't wait until it is to late and the only thing left is complaining.
Instead help to make it right.

Andy

Kevin McCowan
Sent by:
06/08/2004 01:34 PM
Please respond to
icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[PCB_FORUM] Re: excellent point Andrew!

Well, if we had part to part rulesets you could certainly do this.
You would just apply a rule based on how tall a component is.
2 short comps=close, 2 tall or a short and tall= far.
Let's see how they implement it in 15.5 and then we will be
able to see all of the ways they did it wrong.
Or not.
Kevin McCowan