[PCB_FORUM] Re: excellent point Andrew!

  • From: "Gene Carman" <gcarman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:43:27 -0700

Actually on the plus side for Allegro, they do have an excellent means of
height control... including both min and max height.  Most other PWB tools just
have "height..."  making it impossible to put comps under comps without rules
violations.

There are really two issues: actual component heights and what is allowed
where.  As you mentioned: low to low, high to low, high to high; and of course,
what can goe under what.

Now if min/max height was just a variable... that could be read from your
catalog...  after all, all 0402s are not created equal.  (or worse, tant. caps)