[PCB_FORUM] Re: Trying to find a specific drill size

  • From: "Mitch S. Morey" <cadpro2k@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:50:37 -0700 (PDT)

Been reading the thread, and I still don't know why you need to create the
file. As many boards as I've done, I've never created it. Never needed
too. When you run DBCheck routine, does it show you duplicate hits on the
drill in question? It will if they are vias. What I do do now (since we
were hit with redundant drills) is create a simple script that changes my
constraints to look at 'same net' vias and will report if they less than 5
mils apart. Then I simply turn on all the layer DRCs and select them as
'info' and save the file as a text file. I search that for 'via to via'
spacings, and shows me ANY violations. Simple, quick, 'almost perfect'.

Did I miss something?

Good day.

Mitch