[PCB_FORUM] Re: Routing in Ver 15.1

  • From: <sjcharles@xxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:50:40 -0400

Tony, I believe if you download the latest updates It may fix your problem.>
> From: "Gary MacIndoe" <gary.macindoe@xxxxxxx>
> Date: 2004/06/24 Thu PM 03:41:06 EDT
> To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Re: Routing in Ver 15.1
>
> Tony,
>
> This was driving me crazy also, and my support guy managed to get it fixed.
> But... he's not here now (on a one month vacation!), and I can't remember
> what he did to fix it.  I can't find a setting in User Preferences, and I
> don't see anything in either "env" file (my local or the global).  It's
> possible that it was fixed by a patch from Cadence.  I am running "15.1
> (3/23/2004) s016 (v15-1-31S) i86".  If you are paying for maintenance, check
> with Cadence.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Gary E. MacIndoe
> PCB Design Engineer
> Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
> Longmont, Colorado

Me and another designer here at work just switched over to Ver 15.1 about 2 months ago. We both really like the new features but notice that the routing is kind of narley. It does not have that smooth easy routing feel that was in V14. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a switch to set to get it to route like V14? I can’t route as fast. The routing doesn’t seem to go where I want it to go. I find myself routing and then fixing it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.