[PCB_FORUM] Re: OT operating system

  • From: "Mike Finczak" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:18:30 -0400

[PCB_FORUM] OT operating systemKen,
        I had a similar problem with XP losing communication with Win2k
        machines. I noticed that XP was running a new service on the network
        card called "QoS Packet Scheduler". This new service is supposed
        to manage the network bandwidth between the various applications
        running on your machine, however in practice it sometimes does not
        allocate any bandwidth at all.

        After reading some posts on the internet, I removed the service and
        have not had any network problems since.

        Caution: Check with your IT department before making any changes.

Regards,
            Mike Finczak
            CopperCAD Design
            www.CopperCAD.com