[PCB_FORUM] Re: ICU2004 - PCB Top 5 Issue's

  • From: "Patrick Jabbaz" <patrick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:35:02 -0700

Better yet have the Tool meet the physical DCR settings,
Regarding the new Dynamic shapes, I have had several times DRC show up
around VIA Voids, when I query the DRC, it is usually something like
DRC space 4.999 and the DRC value is 5.000
Then I must select the Dynamic shape and increase the DRC clearance by
adding an oversize value of .1
I believe the tool should comply with the DCR settings by Default,
instead of having the Designer Tweak each DRC violation the Tool
generates.
The items you mentioned below are welcome by Designers and are good
examples For DRC exemptions.

Inkra Networks
Patrick Jabbaz CID
Sr Board Layout Eng.