Re: [icon-users] Smart quotes.

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 15:44:35 +0000 (GMT)

In article <5323c9555edaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Stratford
<daves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi folks,

> 1) How do I switch off smart quotes for the future? (Indeed, can I?)

See below

> 2) How can I change all existing 'sexed' quotes, and apostrophes,
> into neutral quotes or apostrophes.

> 3) If 2 cannot be done, is there any way in the text export process
> to do the same?

1. Open Choices window by clicking Menu button over EasiWriter iconbar
icon. Open Editing options by clicking the second tab from the left.

2. Click Search icon (magnifying glass) on document toolbar or press
F4.

3. Press the special Smart-quotes-open key (`) twice rapidly. The
Smart-quotes character will be automatically inserted into the Find
box.

4. Click on Smart quotes icon to remove tick. Adjust-click Save
button.

5. Click in Replace with box and press ' key.

6. Click Replace all icon.

7. Switch on Smart quotes (must be ticked).

8. Press F4 again.

9. In the Find box delete the Smart-quotes-open and replace with
Smart-quotes-closed by pressing the ' key twice rapidly.

10. Click Replace all icon

Job done

Regards

Richard