Re: [icon-users] Smart quotes.

  • From: Jim Nagel <jimtw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 13:50:08 GMT

Dave Stratford  wrote on 26 Feb:
> 2) How can I change all existing 'sexed' quotes, and apostrophes, into
> neutral quotes or apostrophes.

If you have already exported as a textfile, let !Convtext (by Paul
Sprangers) do a scripted search-and-replace on it.  You could extend
your script to deal with Ro characters such as N-dash which are one
"Ascii" position different in Dos.
http://www.riscos.sprie.nl/Pages/ConvText.html

(Paul is currently doing a major rewrite on it.  The version 3.03 that
downloads from this link has a flaw in its * wildcard, which worked in
version 2.x, but which you probably won't need for this job.)

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk