[icon-users] Smart quotes.

  • From: Dave Stratford <daves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 00:20:27 +0000 (GMT)

Hi folks,

It turns out that a document I'm working on is riddled with so-called
smart quotes. The problem is, the only time I notice them is when I export
to text, and transfer that doc to another, non RISCOS, system.

At nearly 140k words, it's rather too long to go through it to try and
change them manually. This leads to two, maybe three, questions.

1) How do I switch off smart quotes for the future? (Indeed, can I?)

2) How can I change all existing 'sexed' quotes, and apostrophes, into
neutral quotes or apostrophes.

3) If 2 cannot be done, is there any way in the text export process to do
the same?

Many thanks,

Dave

--