Re: [icon-users] Problems with windows screenshots

  • From: Michael Gerbracht <m.gerbracht@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 08:48:57 +0100

In article <1749827b4f.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Wuerthner
<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4f7b774b5dm.gerbracht@xxxxxxxxxx> Michael Gerbracht
>           <m.gerbracht@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Yes, but it has more than 256 colours. Also I think I know the problem
> > with the PS driver. I thought a good way to avoid that is to convert it
> > into a JPEG and put it into ArtWorks and then embedd the ArtWorks
> > document into TW.
> Is there any reason why you would want to go via ArtWorks? Why not put the
> JPEG directly into TW? The detour via ArtWorks is only necessary for
> Impression because the latter does not support JPEG files.

Ah, I somehow had in mind that you need to go over ArtWorks. Was not sure
that TW can handle JPEGs directly. Anyway, most of the problematic pictures
are embedded in an PDF file which I export as Draw and put it into Artworks.
There it consists of a sprite image and some vector graphics. Then I just
need to replace the sprite by a JPEG and it works ok and I have to use
ArtWorks anyway because of the vector graphics of the file.

But this works perfectly, I have tested it already.

Thank you very much,
Michael