Re: [icon-users] Links - HTML saving

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 21:27:15 +0100

In message <5020aca70drkp@xxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Partridge <rkp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <deb7c5dd0d10375808b066f974d9e4a6cb12b020@localhost>,
>    Mike Hobbs <mike.hobbs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> I was ahead of you on this one, though. Put what you would like to
>>> appear as the HTML title into a header in the Easiwriter document.
>> This is true, but it may also be of interest that you can put a
>> link to an external CSS file which of course can make the document
>> look really nice. For example I have in my Messages file:
>> x48:<HEAD><link rel="Stylesheet" href="main.css"
>> type="text/css"></HEAD><BODY
>> (not wrapped of course). You could also change message x47.

> I say! I've just bought a book on CSS, but had no idea I could use it
> with Easiwriter.

In fact, CSS and EasiWriter were made for one another. EasiWriter is
just about the only word processor in the world that has a native
cascading style system with identical concepts to CSS. So, it is a bit
of a pity that EasiWriter does not use CSS for its HTML output.
However, if you look closely at the HTML output, it already includes
all structures as <div> tags with the style name, so you can define
CSS styles for each named style in the EasiWriter document.

Martin