Re: [icon-users] Links - HTML saving

  • From: Mike Hobbs <mike.hobbs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 09:56:55 +0000

In message <501ec95f07rkp@xxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Partridge <rkp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <abcbb61d50.jonkr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Jon Kristjansson <jonkr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Is it possible to copy a location into the Link dialog box in EW in
>> stead of typing it?

As I've said in the past, in response to similar questions in this
list, my KlikMacro app does this for me. I click a button in KlikMacro
and it inserts Ctrl-L, this opens the link dialog box, then it
finds out the pathname of the document from the window title bar and
decides how the link data should appear. The logic is all implemented
in a small Basic function and can be customised as much as you like.
It can do all kinds of other things too, helping to avoid laborious
typing.

>> Can I make  EW to leave the <TITLE>   </TITLE> box blank when I
>> save as HTML?  It automatically puts the file location on my hard
>> disc there. Can I make it to put a fixed name in the TITLE box when
>> saved as HTML?

> I was ahead of you on this one, though. Put what you would like to
> appear as the HTML title into a header in the Easiwriter document.
This is true, but it may also be of interest that you can put a
link to an external CSS file which of course can make the document
look really nice. For example I have in my Messages file:
x48:<HEAD><link rel="Stylesheet" href="main.css"
type="text/css"></HEAD><BODY
(not wrapped of course). You could also change message x47.

--
Mike Hobbs