Re: [icon-users] Links - HTML saving

  • From: Richard Partridge <rkp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 23:56:12 +0000 (GMT)

In article <abcbb61d50.jonkr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Jon Kristjansson <jonkr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it possible to copy a location into the Link dialog box in EW in
> stead of typing it?

Thanks very much for making me solve this problem!

You need the IcnClipBrd module from
www.stevefryatt.org.uk/software/clipboard/ which allows copying from
the global clipboard into writeable icons. I had this, but the
copying was only giving the first character.

What I had failed to do (and it's in Steve Fryatt's instructions) was
to make sure that I didn't have a DeepKeys module earlier than v2.16.
Now I've updated, all is well.

Incidentally, I found my copy as !!DeepKeys in
!Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDesk, which is where the fresh download from
http://sudden.recoil.org/deepkeys.zip expected it to be.

> Can I make  EW to leave the <TITLE>   </TITLE> box blank when I
> save as HTML?  It automatically puts the file location on my hard
> disc there. Can I make it to put a fixed name in the TITLE box when
> saved as HTML?

I was ahead of you on this one, though. Put what you would like to
appear as the HTML title into a header in the Easiwriter document.

Hope this helps.

Richard Partridge.

PS: For what it's worth, I'm using an Iyonix with RISC OS 5.11 and
Easiwriter 8.11.

--
Richard Partridge
rkp@xxxxxxxxx