[icon-discuss] Re: new features

  • From: "Paul Henrichsen" <paulh52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 10:27:07 -0700

You are right, Steve. It could connect for you then send.
But what if you were not in wireless range?
What if you still had mail to read and didn't want to send that message
right now?
If you did, it would be nice if the unit could connect, send the message
then disconnect.
But Once you place the message in the outbox, all you can do is to send and
receive.
Your way would work, but you'd have to be within wireless range.
I see two ways around this:
1. When exiting mail, check to see if there are any messages in the outbox.
If messages are greater than zero, ask if you want to send right now. If
yes, the unit could connect and send. If no, just exit back to the
applications menu.
2. When entering the email menu, if messages in the outbox are greater than
zero, present a new menu item called send. If there are no messages in the
outbox, the item would not be presented.
Of course, you could present the menu choice anyway and if there were no
messages in the outbox to be sent, pressing this would just give you the
message that no messages were sent.
Otherwise, if the outbox contained messages, it could say X number of
messages have been sent.
I tend to only use my icon for mail when I am traveling. I don't mind
Sending and receiving when I am away from home, but I don't want to come
home having to send messages I composed on the plane only to get 100 more.
If I reply to any of these, then I have to send and receive more.
I would just like to be able to send whatever is in my outbox whether one or
ten messages without getting anything new.
When I heard about this new feature, I was excited because I hoped it was a
send, not send immediately.