[ibis-macro] Re: An AMI Overview

  • From: "Danil Kirsanov" <dkirsanov@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 18:59:08 -0400

Dear colleagues,

I would like to clarify one basic principle of AMI modeling, hoping that all
of us agree with it.

I believe that the model writer should never do a double-counting: if he
modified the channel impulse response in Init() to model some effect, he
should not model this effect in Getwave(). So he cannot put the "true" model
in GetWave() and it's linear approximation in Init(). If both types of
behavior are expected, there should be two models (or some internal flag
that changes the behavior of the model).

If this assumption is true, statistical (linear) simulator always works with
Init() function of the model, while pattern-dependent (non-linear) simulator
works with both Init() and GetWave() and I do not see any necessity for
Get_Wave_Exists flag.

Best,

Danil