[ibis-macro] Re: An AMI Overview

  • From: "C. Kumar" <kumarchi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, dkirsanov@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 09:18:59 -0700 (PDT)

danil:
I agree with you. Two different results coming form the same model will lead to
real confusion.

following walter's suggestion I am putting together what i hope is a simpler
flow. The idea is to prevent getting two different results for the same model

  From: Danil Kirsanov <dkirsanov@xxxxxxxxxx>

  To: ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2009, 6:59 PM

  Dear
  colleagues,
  would like to clarify one basic principle of AMI modeling, hoping that all of
  us agree with it.

  believe that the model writer should never do a double-counting: if he
  modified the channel impulse response in Init() to model some effect, he
  should not model this effect in Getwave(). So he cannot put the “true” model
  in GetWave() and it’s linear approximation in Init(). If both types of
  behavior are expected, there should be two models (or some internal flag that
  changes the behavior of the model).

  If
  this assumption is true, statistical (linear) simulator always works with
  Init() function of the model, while pattern-dependent (non-linear) simulator
  works with both Init() and GetWave() and I do not see any necessity for
  Get_Wave_Exists flag.

  Best,
  Danil