[ibis-macro] Re: An AMI Overview

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fangyi_rao@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <kumarchi@xxxxxxxxx>, <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <dkirsanov@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 19:53:59 -0400

Fagyi,

I totally agree with you. But it is fine with me if Kumar’s tool ignores it;
just do not prevent me from creating models like that, and from my tool from
doing it.

303.449-2308
Mobile 720.333-1107
wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx
www.sisoft.com

From: Danil Kirsanov <dkirsanov@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2009, 6:59 PM
Dear colleagues,
I would like to clarify one basic principle of AMI modeling, hoping that all of
us agree with it.

I believe that the model writer should never do a double-counting: if he
modified the channel impulse response in Init() to model some effect, he should
not model this effect in Getwave(). So he cannot put the “true” model in
GetWave() and it’s linear approximation in Init(). If both types of behavior
are expected, there should be two models (or some internal flag that changes
the behavior of the model).

If this assumption is true, statistical (linear) simulator always works with
Init() function of the model, while pattern-dependent (non-linear) simulator
works with both Init() and GetWave() and I do not see any necessity for
Get_Wave_Exists flag.

Best,
Danil