[ian-reeds-games] warlords, whats in a name?

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 11:17:46 -0400

Hi all,

I wanted to  ask if anyone had serious preferences for what units get
called. With what Abi did, I guess everyone can name them as they feel like
once it gets implemented, so I guess what I will do is name them here in a
list, give out examples and see if anyone feels strongly one way or the
other.

Light infantry: pikemen

Heavy infantry: legion

Light cavalry: horse

Heavy cavalry: knights

Archers: bowmen

Catapults, trebuchets, ballistas etc: artillery

The orcs will be named like the humans.

Goblins and dark elves and all that I might not mess with, but I guess I
will see how it goes.

I just thought of something.  Will the name last with the unit when it
upgrades to  an elite unit?

I might have to use the same scripts for those as well maybe?

al

"The truth will make you free"

Jesus Christ of Nazareth 33AD