[ian-reeds-games] Re: starship minor update

  • From: shaun everiss <sm.everiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 12:51:07 +1200

aah.
yeah I am getting better now still have issues but yeah better.

At 03:47 AM 4/25/2013, you wrote:
Hi Shaun,
I hope you are recovering well.

I had to include more actions because the ships would not use shields nor use primary weapons without them. Also, your ships are exactly the same, plus you can access the mission operations and engineering to allocate power and damage control efforts, and you can use warp, reinforce shields, and tractor beam as well as emergency power which the bad guys cannot use, so you really have the advantage.

The damage is the price for more actions. I had to find a balance. Heavy cruisers are actually kind of underpowered in this new one, but I wanted to make the battleship to be the inbetween to the dreadnaught.

I also played thru each of these maps. I did beat them, but sometimes I have to change things as more maps are made, and that can throw balance out of maps if that happens, so sometimes while I was able to test it earlier, I couldn't play it all the way thru the other times due to time constraints. My wife is going into surgery this week and I just wanted to get that done before hand.

If you find the user guide, or the intros are not giving enough information, of if special skills are not working correctly and stuff like that, that would be really helpful.

Some are going to be tough as nails. It will take tactics to get thru some. I am sorry you don't seem to be enjoying it. I did institute some changes based on what you told me before, and they did turn out to be good changes overall.