[ian-reeds-games] Re: starship minor update

  • From: shaun everiss <sm.everiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 20:40:23 +1200

allan I spent most of today due to the opperation I had yesterday trying to play the battles map.

I have not won many of the maps, enemies have so many turns its not funny.
and as for beating the 2 crousers in mission2 wow I can hardly get them.
I can destroy 1 but even still.
the jugganaughts need to be tweaked or the ship weapons should that get the big ships this could go for all ships to cause a little more dammage, when hit. I did notice that once I swarted playing maps like crazy eventually things would slow to a crawl, now I am playing this on my ancient 2ghz core2 duo unit. I plan in the next week to get myself an i7 quad with 6gb memmory in it and an ssd so maybe I will have bettter luck.

At 01:22 PM 4/24/2013, you wrote:
Hi all,
I updated the starship map  a bit, but nothing major.

I converted about 15 sounds to mp 3, and was able to delete some of the old sounds from the ssb original pack. I also cleaned up the folders from excess files and the like, I am sure that won't help much.

I also made integrity oints for planets seeable due tot he last map featureing the potential destruction of a planet and it would be nice to know how many points are left on the planet.

Also fixed a problem where the federation stardrive in the seperation anxiety map could keep summoning saucer sections, lol.
The heavy cruiser had two self destruct items so got rid of one of them.

I think that is about it.

I also wanted to ask if all fed ships might feature a saucer section seperation ability in the future? Klingon boom sections could also seperate from the secondary hull.

I updated the starship template a bit. I made a new race to handle the energy sphere with the aura effect, and plan on useing them in the future, but they aren't really fleshed out yet as a race, etc.