[ian-reeds-games] Re: starship minor update

  • From: "Carlos Macintosh" <sleepio1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 16:30:27 -0400

Hey allan, just wanted to say that these maps are crazy addicting. I play them
at school, and I am sorry to say you have been robbing me of the time I would
have been using to develop the next level of tomb robber. I am kind of unhappy
with the mission briefings though, because my sapi voice can say them faster
than your audio files can. That’s why I don’t use audio files for map
descriptions because eI know that the speed won’t be to everyone’s liking. I
think my favorite map so far has ben massacre at epsilon 5. Those disrupter
cannons really pack  deadly punch. And I have only just began to discover the
boon of tractor beams. I like pinning a juggernaut in place with the beam, and
then using big weapons on it, and retreting out of range of its phasers, so
it’s completely helpless against me. Also I liked here there be dragons even
though I lost both my monsters and Irasmis and had to defeat the final
juggernaut with just my defiant. That was mostly because of my carelessness and
my failure to realize that I had irasmus. I realized I had her when the
asteroid warp point summoned her out but then I just skipped right over her
from then on after, and I only realized I still had her when she was set upon
by 2 juggernauts and destroyed. I hadn’t put her shields up so she died
quickly. Still trying to figure out how to beat a gift horse though, that’s
probably the hardest map in the set. I probably should use the tractor beam.
It’s the only thing in the mission operations panel worth using besides
reinforce shields. I really like the reinforce shields option. It kind of makes
emergency power impossible though, and before it was added I used emergency
power often enough to deliver that final crushing blow to a severely damaged
enemy ship before its fellows could fix it up with recovery. Also I  have never
found a good reason to change the crew slot from damage control because the
drawbacks of heavy damage control and quick battery recharge are just too
devastating. There is also the sensors and special1 slots which are never used,
Unless I’m missing something. Are they ever used? If so, when? I also think the
gorn’s hellstorm is the most powerful of all the juggernaut’s weapons because
of its splash damage and burn effect. That or 5 missile pods from the kazindi.
carlos