[ian-reeds-games] Re: starship minor update

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 20:29:28 -0400

Hi Carlos,
I am so pleased you like it! It was a lot of effort to get it working right.
Oh No! Well you are just going to have to drink more coffee and get cracking! I
love tombrobber!

A gift horse is really difficult. I should try it again just to make sure I
didn't flub anything up when changing some things around.

Ah, I love it when people tell me how they  use the new stuff! The tractor can
be so useful! I was worried the tractor beam might be too much one way or the
other, but maybe it is goldilocks now, grin.
I honestly had those  exact same thoughts on the quick battery recharge and
heavy damage control. My problem is that if it is just free, then everyone
would just plug in the fast recharge and blow everything away. Maybe if I
dropped the penelty to shields, would quick recharge look more attractive? I am
not sure what to do with heavy damage. Maybe lose a point of impulse or
something instead? I want them used, but not abused, if you know what I mean.

Lol, It is easy to forget the Erasmus ont hat map. I did it myself, so don't
feel bad.. Also the monsters are supposed to come out randomly so that each
time played should be a little diffrent. The defiant is a cool little ship, huh?
I just liked the thought of all these light cruisers and science vessels
stareing down the gullet of three juggernaughts and then getting attacked by
space monsters! Hopefully PETA will not charge me with creuelty to gigantic
planet eating space animals. They can be touchy about that kind of stuff, grin.
I should have put a greenpeace frigate in there trying to stop the fight in
order to protect the endangered planet killers, lol.

   Massacre is just plain fun. I love that map too. Honestly I was wondering if
hellstorm should be dropped to 160 points since hellbore was 80 points of
damage.  I had toyed with hyperdrones. Drones that could travel at warp to hit
an enemy, althought he Computer AI doesn't quite know how to hand the range I
don't think.

The mission intros are really one of those things that I was forced to
compromise    on.
It is literally impossible for me to write much more then a sentence or two on
notepad, having to keep it all on one line. I tried useing other notpad like
products but the problem was the same for me, unless I was doing something
wrong, which is more then possible. As you can see, some of the intro stuff is
really long, but they needed to be for the storyline, at least, that is hwat I
need for my own satisfaction, you know?

So I had to make them into sound files. The only good thing about it is that
you can skip them by hitting control, so really  you can listen to it once and
skip it the rest of the time.
So I apologize for that. I don't really have any other options when it comes to
putting in a storyline. I wonder how everyone else does it, but I think you
guys use something else then notepad and jaws so maybe that is the problem for
me.

Actually, yes. Sensors is used for the last and one of the hardest maps.
special 1 is used for armors I equipped the romulans and gorn with.

I saw that the bad guys where useing their primaries without any deference to
surrounding friendlies.
So for the romulans I gave plasma armor, which prevents splash plasma damage,
and hellbore armor for the gorns . This seemed to help make the fights a little
more fair.

So I hope I addressed all your concerns. Again I am sorry about teh mission
intros.