[ian-reeds-games] Re: drop box problem

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 16:36:13 -0500

Hi Ian,
Here is what drop box has on it's site about the matter.

Bandwidth limits

Links that use up more than 20 GB/day for Basic (free) accounts and 200 GB/day
for Pro and Teams (paid) accounts are automatically suspended.

If your account hits our limit, we'll send an email notification to the email
address registered with your account. Shared links will be temporarily disabled,
and those who try to access the links will see an error page instead of your
file.

So essentially it is a per day limit, and not a per month percentage, at least,
that is how it reads to me.

I did have two other  items in my public folder. One was a zipped folder with
some sounds for Carlos and his RedWall map. The other was religious in nature
and I thought it wasn't going to be downloaded by more then half a dozen people
. Apparently, I was wrong, so it is operator error in this situation I would
guess. Operator being me, grin.

Now my question is, since I do plan on making more map packs, and sticking them
in that folder, is this going to be a problem with dropbox?

I don't want to gut the map packs I make, just for bandwidth, but I like the
idea of being able to update the folder without anyone  having to wait or
wonder if the other person has time or if the email got lost etc and so forth.

Maybe if we wait for the three days and put it back up, we can see what
happens. I tookthe other stuff out, so I am going to just use it for the maps.
I guess if I want more, I might consider buying an account.

What do you think?