[ian-reeds-games] Re: drop box problem

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 13:00:05 -0700

Allan, sorry to hear about the dropbox email.
I have never received an email like that and all my dev versions have been shared through public links.
I wonder if the bandwidth limit is restored a certain amount each day.
It may be that because your dropbox account is brand new you started out with 1 30th of a months allowance and immediately shared a large map pack which used it up. If I were dropbox I might do that to stop people from just creating new accounts every time they wanted a fresh 20 gigs of bandwidth to share public files.

It may get better as time goes on but if you find a better solution that is great too.

I just can't imagine you using up 20 gigs with a single map pack link that quickly. Another thing you can do is try to reduce the size of the map pack by remove any sound or music files that are not used.

I hope it gets better as time goes on. Maybe we should take your link down for a week while we wait for the 3 days to expire and give it some time to build up bandwidth limit.
Let me know if you want me to to do that.