[ian-reeds-games] Re: Tactical Battle 1.12 dev 1

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 14:12:30 -0500

Hi Ian and all,
I jsut want to make sure I understand this right before I comment.

If the warrior has an attack skill, then the sound file could be named:
*warrior_attack_success
*warrior_attack_fail

I like where this is going, but I don't think it should be connected to a unit.
I think the sound= flag should determine the names of the sound files.
That way, one skill can be used by many units.

So for example, the skill smash brains would have a sound=smash flag.
Then the  name of the files would be:
smash_success
smash_fail
smash_critical

In fact, I was thinking that maybe it would be nice to have some special flags
for effects as well.
most notably death.
I use the same death sound for most of my units, and so I was thinking maybe
effects could have multiple names added to it, which would spare on the number
of death sounds on units.

So maybe it could read like this:

sound=death|warrior, mage, mega_destroyer, cleric etc and so forth.

There could still be individual death sounds by the normal convention, but I
think it would be useful. I don't care what the flag looks like, but I thought
I would throw it out there.

As for the random sounds that all sounds fine to me. It should be used for all
the objects int he game, right?
I think random cursor sounds would be really cool as well.