[ian-reeds-games] Re: Tactical Battle 1.12 dev 1

  • From: Craig Brett <craigbrett17@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 16:08:17 -0500 (EST)

Hi Allan,

The reason I suggested it the way I did was to fit with the current convention.

So currently, you could have a skill, say, "Smash brains" with the sound set to smash. So everyone who uses the smash brains skill will be rewarded with the same juicy brain smashing sound.

However, (and I believe this is how it works) if you had a unit you wanted a unique sound on, you could name a sound after that unit followed by ssmash.wav. So, say, "killer zombie smash.wav". Then only that killer zombie would have the extra juicy crunchy brain smashing sound fitting of a killer zombie. That's how I believe the different types of attack sound work, since I don't think attack is a special keyword anymore. So the sounds wouldn't be tied to a unit unless you told it to be. I think warrior_attack_success was just being used as an example, since it's already in the getting started maps. It could just as easily be attack_success, etc.

I hope this has cleared up what I meant.

Nice job on dev 1 Ian, I like the chance and dice type things. I've been having fun with them already. I'm just trying to balance things out now and this will help a lot.

Cheers,
Craig