[ian-reeds-games] Re: Tactical Battle 1.12 dev 1

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 01:58:02 -0500

Awesome! I can't wait to try this out.
  From: Ian Reed
  To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 12:39 AM
  Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Tactical Battle 1.12 dev 1

  Hi all!

  Version 1.12 dev 1 is ready.

  These are the changes for 1.12 dev 1:
  1 Added ability to specify numbers as ranges or dice rolls for flags
  related to inflict, restore and protect.
  2 Added a chance= flag to skills that takes a number between 1 and 100
  to indicate the chance of that skill succeeding.
  3 Added the ability to do scripting in the game to add new features.
  4 Added a Scripting Guide that documents how to do scripting in Tactical
  Battle.

  Here's the full list of flags that now support ranges and dice rolls:
  inflict
  splash_inflict
  restore
  splash_restore
  step_inflict
  step_restore
  start_turn_inflict
  start_turn_restore
  end_turn_inflict
  end_turn_restore
  protect
  inflict_mod
  restore_mod

  I'm going to respond to some of the emails you guys sent.  I'm short on
  time though so I'm sorry for not doing them justice.

  Zak, great feedback about the 3 games and I appreciate your note about
  why TB's multiplayer would still be a unique experience from the other 2
  games.

  Allan, though responding to your thoughts on the RPG Maker was a big
  task it definitely helped me to think through more of that stuff and was
  very beneficial.
  Definitely months, maybe a year though I really hope it can be sooner
  than that.  We'll see how life goes.

  Craig, no rush.  Let me know whenever you've got it ready.

  Michael, good to know you don't mind SAPI.  I'll probably see what I can
  do about supporting both in the best way for each unless the level of
  effort to get good timing between speech and sounds becomes too unruly.
  Thanks for your appreciation of me and the map creators.
  It's really amazing how much better the game has become since I stopped
  making maps and let everyone else do all that hard work.

  Austen, interesting thought on only allowing diagonal movement on a per
  unit basis.
  My first version of diagonals will be map wide since it also changes how
  range is calculated.
  But I don't see why we couldn't then add diagonal movement or movement
  restrictions on a per unit basis if map creators find that useful.

  Here's the link for 1.12 dev 1:
  https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43120001/Tactical%20Battle%201.12%20dev%201.zip

  I'll be sending another email shortly directed to the scripters.