[ian-reeds-games] Newby with a couple questions

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 07:32:53 +0930

Hi list,

I'm new to this game (relatively speaking. I've been playing it for a few
weeks), and I'm loving it so far. I'm considering dabbling a bit in map
creation and so I've read the relevant guides. Seems considerably easier than
straight up game programming, which is a relief. :D

I'm curious, though, about how to implement a few things. I've only heard about
Transformation (mostly from the list archive), but how it's implemented wasn't
explained in the guides I've read. I have reasons for asking this.

Also, is it possible to create an item that induces a transformation when
equipped, or is that too much for the engine as of right now? Again,
game-related reasons.

I'd like to note that I'm not going to have much to show for my queries for a
while. My internet data is limited, and thus my acquisition of map packs and
sounds and music will have to be handled in increments. (And I might utilise
sounds from other packs, but I've already seen that this is okay so long as it
stays in TB.)

You guys are all awesome, and I'm excited to be a part of this community. :)