[ian-reeds-games] Re: Help recording

  • From: "Carlos Macintosh" <sleepio1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 17:37:08 -0400

The software may be able to relay audio. I'm not sure though. You might want to check it out and see if there are any options eluding to relaying audio in it. Otherwise, go grab virtual audio cable. You'll want to mess with he audio repeater MME, and set input to you rmic, and output to your headphones. Then there will be, maybe 4 or 5 tabs after that, a box with the number 500 in it just before the start button. This is audio latency in ms. The higher the number, the more delay there will be before the transfer happens. so you want to set it as low as possible. However, set it too low, and the audio will go all stutery. A good starting point is 220, which gives you very little latency, and shouldn't cause you problems. There's also an audio qualiy option to set the bit rate, In hz, of the transferred audio. I prefer 44100 in this box, because that's about CD quality, almost indistinguishable from anything higher. After these are set, you can click the start button. If all the options are set correctly, you should hear everything your are saying from your headphones. You may also want to try with lower latencies if 220 ms works fine. When you are done, click te stop button. Adjust some options and click start again to start it over. However, I have noticed a couple rare times when you click the start button and nothing happens. If this occurs, close the program, reopen it, reconfigure your settings and click start and it will work fine. sadly, there is no way to save your options. But hey, it's not like you're doing something that takes hours. Also, don't confuse the MME with the KS. You will see both options in the start menu if you download virtual audio cable. The KS is he kernel mode driver, which I'm not quite sure how it works, but I just know it doesn't work for me.