[ian-reeds-games] Re: AI control

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 14:50:26 -0600

Hey Allan,

There's no way to toggle AI controlled in the map editor.
But you could set the can_toggle_ai flag but not the ai_controlled flag on units and they would start out as player controlled but players could still change them using the hot key.
Is that what you are after?

Sorry if this got answered in a later email.  I'm still catching up.

Ian Reed

On 8/27/2013 9:06 PM, Allan Thompson wrote:

Hi Ian,

I was wondering if it was possible to set AI control in the map editor for unit and structures that the player controls?

I don't know how hard that would be to do, but I was thinking that it would be better for units and structures to start player controlled, and then turned on when desired. It is not a big thing, but I think at times the ai controlled units that someone forgets to turn off end up kind of ruining the game experience.

An example, I had a white dragon get summoned, I made some moves but didn't want to dedicate the unit to a full on attack till I had back up. Well, I forgot, and the stupid thing at the end of my turn, charged right in and died quickly and ignoblely, lol.

I was just wondering. OR maybe someone could make a script to do that, to make units start uncontrolled?

Thanks,

al

"The truth will make you free"

Jesus Christ of Nazareth 33AD