[ian-reeds-games] Re: AI and sounds

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 13:33:12 -0600

Hey Richard,

Off hand I'd say that naming your sound file defeat.wav exactly as it is named in the main sounds folder should solve it. I actually didn't realize that not putting an extension on your sound files would work.
Are you sure you have file extensions showing up in Windows Explorer?
They are turned off on a new install of windows.
All my sound files have extensions.
In the TB sound flags you are supposed to leave the file extension off, but that is because I add the extension in the game engine, as well as numbers for randomness or other things before I try to play the sound file.

Strange about the defend skill being used repeatedly. Not sure when I might have broken that but I'll have a look at it.

Glad to hear about the performance improvement. I wonder how long I had that memory leak in. I'm sure it was only dev versions.

Ian Reed

On 5/11/2013 1:02 PM, Richard Claridge wrote:
Hi Craig.
All my other sounds don't have the file extension in and they all work. And
I've checked other peoples sound folders and they don't say the extension. Does
the victory and defeat sounds need to be under a certain length time wise.
Richard

Sent from my iPhone

On 11 May 2013, at 19:48, Craig Brett <craigbrett17@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Richard,

Would marking the skill as AI_buff work? I'm not always the best at predicting
AI behaviour but just a shot in the dark there.

Yes, you do need the extension in the file name. Also, try double checking that
you haven't got the casing of the letters wrong, i.e putting it in all caps,
etc.

Craig