[huskerlug] Re: More MS stuff

  • From: James Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 08:01:59 -0500

        Not being a lawyer, this is only a guess, but I don't believe they have
a copyright on the format of their MSword documents.  I think ADOBE may have
more of a case for their PDF format, which few programs seem to reproduce.
As an aside I wonder if there is a Linux program that would do this?
        Anyway, Mr. Gates on a Computer Chronicles program of  a few years
back, statted he wanted to make all Microsoft programs rentable and not have
individuals
own them.  He still hasn't reached that goal, but anything his company can
put a fee upon, I'm sure he will do it.  This has been an interesting
discussion from a taxpayer's point of view. I hope some of you can get a stop
to the charges placed on Linux machines.  ---Jim