[hllug] Multiple Desktops with Ubuntu ?

  • From: herb cee <hc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 18:54:28 -0600

using U-rel 8.04

Interesting when reinstalling the broken (shot by frindly fire) to fix the Vol Ctl is; I also was given the option to install 'kbuntu, edubuntu, + couple more desktops. 1. Am I correct in thinking that I can say ... use/install a different desktop for each of the 3 desktops I have sitting in far R of bottom pane?

2. Am I safe to try running the diff DeskTop install with Synaptic while inside the Terminal or should this be done from the CLI?

3. would it also be better to set up a diff user for that diff DT/Xterm?

Either would be neat I could use that ability to advantage I think. I do use desk two now and then when I get into a long search like when I had the confirmed 'H attack' I did a ton of reading. since being in 79th orbit I better watch all my chances close as I can. lol

herb