[hipl-dev] Re: Perl dependencies

  • From: Diego Biurrun <diego@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 14:43:41 +0100

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 08:03:18AM +0200, Miika Komu wrote:

> On 23/11/10 22:52, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> What are the Perl dependencies in INSTALL and the daemon section of the
>> spec files for?  We only have two Perl scripts and AFAICT the listed
>> dependencies do not match those declared in the scripts...
>
> this can be removed if you feel like it: test/stats.pl

Along with test/auth_eval.sh and test/auth_measure.sh?  Since these
two files still contain arch references (hipl--esp--2.6) I assume they
have been unused since at least the switch to Bazaar.

> This is required by the daemon: tools/nsupdate.pl.in
>
> It is used for updating the HIT-IP binding to a DNS server. At the
> moment, it is turned on in the default configuration file, so it should
> be mandatory requirement.
>
> Nsupdate script requires the following packages:
>
> Requires: .. libnet-ip-perl libnet-dns-perl libsocket6-perl
> libio-socket-inet6-perl
>
> They should be actually Use'd in the beginning of the script...

At the top of nsupdate.pl I see

  use Net::DNS;
  use Net::IP qw/ip_is_ipv6 ip_is_ipv4/;
  use Sys::Syslog;
  use Sys::Hostname;

so I wonder where the libsocket6-perl libio-socket-inet6-perl deps
come from.

I also noticed that nsupdate.pl is lacking a license statement.  It's
not clear to me who the original author is and if this file was part
of the relicensing efforts or not, but I think the situation should
be clarified by adding a license statement to the top of the file.

Diego