[hipl-dev] Re: Perl dependencies

  • From: Miika Komu <mkomu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 22:35:40 +0200

Hi Diego,

On 11/26/2010 03:43 PM, Diego Biurrun wrote:
On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 08:03:18AM +0200, Miika Komu wrote:

On 23/11/10 22:52, Diego Biurrun wrote:
What are the Perl dependencies in INSTALL and the daemon section of the
spec files for?  We only have two Perl scripts and AFAICT the listed
dependencies do not match those declared in the scripts...

this can be removed if you feel like it: test/stats.pl

Along with test/auth_eval.sh and test/auth_measure.sh?  Since these
two files still contain arch references (hipl--esp--2.6) I assume they
have been unused since at least the switch to Bazaar.

This depends on whether Rene or Tobi wants to keep them?

This is required by the daemon: tools/nsupdate.pl.in

It is used for updating the HIT-IP binding to a DNS server. At the
moment, it is turned on in the default configuration file, so it should
be mandatory requirement.

Nsupdate script requires the following packages:

Requires: .. libnet-ip-perl libnet-dns-perl libsocket6-perl
libio-socket-inet6-perl

They should be actually Use'd in the beginning of the script...

At the top of nsupdate.pl I see

   use Net::DNS;
   use Net::IP qw/ip_is_ipv6 ip_is_ipv4/;
   use Sys::Syslog;
   use Sys::Hostname;

so I wonder where the libsocket6-perl libio-socket-inet6-perl deps
come from.

Hmm, maybe you can remove them, I'll complain then if something gets broken :)

I also noticed that nsupdate.pl is lacking a license statement.  It's
not clear to me who the original author is and if this file was part
of the relicensing efforts or not, but I think the situation should
be clarified by adding a license statement to the top of the file.

Oleg did this and he was paid by HIIT, so the same licensing conditions apply (MIT/Expat).