[hipl-dev] Re: Perl dependencies

  • From: Tobias Heer <heer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:21:04 +0100

Hi,

Am 24.11.2010 um 07:03 schrieb Miika Komu:

> Hi,
>
> On 23/11/10 22:52, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> What are the Perl dependencies in INSTALL and the daemon section of the
>> spec files for?  We only have two Perl scripts and AFAICT the listed
>> dependencies do not match those declared in the scripts...
>
> this can be removed if you feel like it: test/stats.pl
>
> This is required by the daemon: tools/nsupdate.pl.in
>
> It is used for updating the HIT-IP binding to a DNS server. At the moment, it
> is turned on in the default configuration file, so it should be mandatory
> requirement.

Just to make sure that I got it right? You are not proposing to remove
capabilities that allow the client to update its IP/HIT binding, are you? This
sounds like a very useful and quite necessary feature as long as we don't have
any other name resolution infrastructure.

Tobias

--
Dipl.-Inform. Tobias Heer, Ph.D. Student
Chair of Communication and Distributed Systems - comsys