[hipl-dev] Re: Perl dependencies

  • From: Miika Komu <mkomu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 13:41:15 +0200

Hi,

On 11/24/2010 01:21 PM, Tobias Heer wrote:
Hi,

Am 24.11.2010 um 07:03 schrieb Miika Komu:

Hi,

On 23/11/10 22:52, Diego Biurrun wrote:
What are the Perl dependencies in INSTALL and the daemon section of the
spec files for? We only have two Perl scripts and AFAICT the listed
dependencies do not match those declared in the scripts...

this can be removed if you feel like it: test/stats.pl

This is required by the daemon: tools/nsupdate.pl.in

It is used for updating the HIT-IP binding to a DNS server. At the
moment, it is turned on in the default configuration file, so it
should be mandatory requirement.

Just to make sure that I got it right? You are not proposing to remove
capabilities that allow the client to update its IP/HIT binding, are
you? This sounds like a very useful and quite necessary feature as long
as we don't have any other name resolution infrastructure.

no, I said that test/stats.pl can be removed if needed.