[HUG] Re: A12 backs for SWC/M

  • From: Bob Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 14:10:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Antonio,

  My $0.02 is buy the new one; in the long run you'll spend less on lost
darkslides. :-)

  Because the best way, as I was taught, to hold a Hassy is from underneath
with your left hand, tripping the shutter with your left index finger, and
focusing with your right (though admittedly there isn't a whole lot of need to
focus with the SWC!), the back doesn't really play a roll in hand hold-ability.
  Just make sure the back and the insert have the same #...
  Bob

Antonio Garcia Russell <antoniorussell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi,

I have the option of buying one of two backs for my SWC/M:

1. A new A12 from 1997 (with built in dark slide holder)

2. A like new A12 from 1989.

Both are boxed and cost about the same (the 1989 back is about 20
euros cheaper). I was going to opt for the new back but not sure how
much the built in dark slide holder would affect handholdability.
Anyone have any feedback?

Saludos,
Antonio

Bob Adler