[haiku] trouble installing R1A2

  • From: Glenn Holmer <shadowm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 10:26:44 -0500

I'm having trouble installing R1A2 on my test box, on which I
successfully installed R1A1.  The partition is on the third drive (sdc2
in Linux terms), and I wiped it from Linux beforehand (dd
if=/dev/zero...), then initialized it from the installer before
proceeding (I also tried deleting the partition and re-creating it from
the installer).  I burnt two CDs from ISO images, one downloaded
directly, and one via torrent, and had the same issue with each CD.

The problem I'm seeing is that the installation stops at "786 of 19264"
on file libwebcore.so with a dialog saying "An error was encountered and
the installation was not completed: Error: General system error".

How can I diagnose what has happened and correct it?

--
"The text is only a proposition." -Pierre Boulez
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682) http://www.lyonlabs.org