[haiku] Re: trouble installing R1A2

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 02:59:09 +0200

Gerald Zajac wrote:
 the copy of libwebcore.so
was always 19,922,944 (0x1300000) bytes in length;  it always failed at
the same location in the file.
Yes, on the computers where the install succeeded, the length of libwebcore.so is 20,993,020.

Same here, it always fails at 19,922,944.

> tail -f /var/log/syslog

> KERN: ata 0 error: command failed, error bit is set. status 0x51, error 0x54
> KERN: atapi 0-0 error: device indicates transfer error after dma
> KERN: check_sense: Illegal request
> KERN: file_cache: read pages failed: General system error

I can also (finally ;-) confirm the cd checksum is valid (on linux, after cutting a mysteriously added 2048 bytes). Another test: with that same cd, extracting libwebcore.so from the cd succeeds on linux (with correct size and checksum) although it fails on haiku (same machine, same cd). For the record, in case this info was lost in the discussion, this is the ISO9660 image, anyboot has no problem.

Since the "bad burn" hypothesis can now be put aside, i guess we can continue this in a Trac ticket.

Good night,
Alex