[openbeos] Re: openbeos Digest V6 #253

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 22:29:28 +0100 CET

> I would vote for BEntry::MoveToTrash().
> However, there is one more problem we might want to consider: Tracker
> has a setting if files should be moved into the Trash at all, or
> directly delete those files. I would think we can safely remove this
> option from Tracker, though, so that the system wide "trash
> experience"
> would be consistent (that's one of those rather superfluous options
> anyway).

Something else to consider: moving files to trash in Tracker creates a
task like all file transfers, that is pausable and cancellable.
Not doing this form inside Tracker would remove the "feature",
appreciable when trashing 10000 files.
Plus emptying the trash is also done by Tracker, also with a task.

Now of course using a BEntry::MoveToTrash() for 10 entries you would
need to call it 10 times, sending 10 messages to Tracker, creating 10
tasks.
Granted, most apps do it one at a time (BeMail).

François.