[openbeos] Re: openbeos Digest V6 #253

  • From: "Ben Allen" <ben.allen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:51:55 -0600

IMHO, the less of this sort of thing that is done inside Tracker and not
inside system libraries the better.  The biggest problem I see with going
through Tracker for all this is that it assumes that Tracker is running.  It
may not seem that important, but in my programming experience, assuming
anything about other pieces of software is asking for some kind of unforseen
problem in the not-too-distant future.

Also, given that Trash is a folder, it makes more sense (at least to me) to
have all the Trash-related functions available through Storage Kit functions
(just like other folders).  Going though the Tracker to work with a
particular folder doesn't seem as intuitive.

Just my 2c

-Ben

On 12/20/06, Rob Tijssen <rob.tijssen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Ingo,

> [...]
one

>> who
>> create the trash folder in any BFS volume newly mounted?
>
>Yep.
>
>> Anyway, we should try to avoid spreading Trash *feature* implementation
>over
>> several components, don't you think?
>
>Yep, we should probably move it to libbe and simply let Tracker make use
of

>it. The only drawback -- if you want to consider it as one -- is that
other

>applications that would formerly use Tracker scripting thus circumvent
the
>Tracker Undo/Redo feature. Unless we add a notification mechanism, that
>allows the Tracker to get notice.

Shouldn't the libbe also make the undo/redo feature available and let it
be
used by tracker (like the thrash mentioned above), or doesn't it make any
sense to you guys :-) (I'm no coder just a lurker ;-))

Greeting, Rob

--
Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter.
Download de gratis SPAMfighter via deze link: