[haiku] Re: non-updated icons

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 11:58:00 +0100

Hi,

Ritrup Biswas schrieb:
On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx Since I have usually been the one to update icons and commit
    submitted icons, I guess others have not felt responsible. Looks
    like things will start settling down for me beginning next week and
    I hope to be able to spent more time on Haiku again and follow up
    with my duties. :-)

I would like to help with it,  but dont know how to go about it.

Can you be more specific? Do you want to help create icons? You can't really help me with commiting patches and following up on such stuff, because you'd need SVN commit access. With many icons that get submitted to me by other people, I work over them slightly, if I see something that I think can be improved.

But if you are artistically skilled, you can help create the remaining icons! Please see <http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2008513940874112547> to get started. Working directly in Icon-O-Matic will be your best option, although it's possible to work in other tools that are capable of exporting (simple) SVGs. Then you do have to work over the imported SVGs in Icon-O-Matic, though, for the final icon.

Best regards,
-Stephan