[haiku] Re: non-updated icons

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 13:00:17 +0100

Ritrup Biswas schrieb:
Wat i meant was i can design them, i m an art director. What i meant by brief was, is there a particular pattern to it if so what it is? Secondly i dont know how to work on icon-o-matic (i don't have the software too). I use illustrator, photoshop, coral draw etc. i can make SVG format. What i also need to know is, if Icon-O-Matic is a free software then where can i get it? And a list of icon needed and allso images of others which are already done.

I cannot pretend to have the time to answer these questions for you. If you had actually watched the video at the link I gave you in my previous email, you'd already know a couple of those answers. You have to excuse what I am going to say now, but from previous experience, it has never paid out to do extensive "hand-holding". Either someone has the energy and motivation to dig in and get his hand dirty, which also means doing a minimum of effort to find stuff out on his own, at least do a quick Google search - or not. All the information you need is out there, not nearly as hidden as you may think, because various people in this project have spent a lot of effort in making information available to people wanting to get started with Haiku. So please don't be offended, but all my previous experience tells me that if I go ahead and answer any of your questions, it's wasted time. That doesn't mean I don't want to answer questions. I will, but I need to see some effort from you first.

Best regards,
-Stephan