[haiku] Re: non-updated icons

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 09:47:11 -0800

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 4:15 AM, Ritrup Biswas <ritrup@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for answer these questions for me, appreciate it. I have got the
> point, but i don't have Haiku running in my computer. Is it compulsory to
> use Icon-O-Matic or could other icon makers can be used(dose haiku uses a
> .png or .ico format for its icons). Sorry to bother you people but i still
> don't know what all icon still need to be finished, if you could help with
> that. Thank you once again.

It looks like you'll need to start doing some research before you dive in:

Coincidentally, Francois Revol just posted a couple of relevant links
to this mailing list, you should look at them:

http://www.haiku-os.org/news/2006-11-06/icon_facts
http://www.haiku-os.org/documents/dev/why_haiku_vector_icons_are_so_small

and also this one:

http://factory.haiku-os.org/documentation/icon_guidelines/

You can also get to the previously-linked Icon-O-Matic tutorial here
(I think it's higher resolution, and also provides a .mov download if
you don't have flash):

http://blip.tv/file/1299791

- Urias