[openbeos] Re: haiku on asus eeepc!

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:24:59 +0200 CEST

> There's some strange settings in media preferences for the audio
> device.
> Firstly, there's no option to mute any of the mixers. Secondly, it
> looks

That's the OSS hda driver not publishing them, the media node just
exports the mixer controls as they are described by the driver itself
(which explains the ugly names, there is no cleaner mapping yet).

> strange, most of the mixers scroll vertically (instead of
> horizontally) and

Are you using recent binaries from
http://revolf.free.fr/beos/oss-beos-v4.1test-bin.zip ?
I had to leave vmix enabled when building as it caused troubles, and
this adds useless controls in the mixer screwing up the layout. But it
can be disabled from settings file.

> scrolling through them garbles the window. I can hear the microphone
> working
> if I change 'jack-int.mic' to input.
>
> I've included a bunch of screenshots showing ossinfo, the mixer, and
> an
> strace of sound recorder's crash in this archive:

Doesn't help much, did you set the default input device ?

François.