[openbeos] Re: haiku on asus eeepc!

  • From: "Karl vom Dorff" <karl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:44:12 -0400

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 9:24 AM, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > There's some strange settings in media preferences for the audio
> > device.
> > Firstly, there's no option to mute any of the mixers. Secondly, it
> > looks
>
> That's the OSS hda driver not publishing them, the media node just
> exports the mixer controls as they are described by the driver itself
> (which explains the ugly names, there is no cleaner mapping yet).
>
> > strange, most of the mixers scroll vertically (instead of
> > horizontally) and
>
> Are you using recent binaries from
> http://revolf.free.fr/beos/oss-beos-v4.1test-bin.zip ?
> I had to leave vmix enabled when building as it caused troubles, and
> this adds useless controls in the mixer screwing up the layout. But it
> can be disabled from settings file.

I've used those most recent binaries yes. You can disable this in the
settings file when you build it, or the binary? If so, where does it live,
and which line would I disable? I've found oss_audio_settings in
/boot/home/config/settings/Media, StyleEdit can't open it, and trying to
execute it says operation not allowed.

> > scrolling through them garbles the window. I can hear the microphone
> > working
> > if I change 'jack-int.mic' to input.
> >
> > I've included a bunch of screenshots showing ossinfo, the mixer, and
> > an
> > strace of sound recorder's crash in this archive:
>
> Doesn't help much, did you set the default input device ?

There was only one setting, Intel HD audio.

--
Karl vom Dorff
B.Sc (Hons) Biology, (German minor)

http://www.karlvd.com