[openbeos] Re: clean makehdimage

  • From: Jérôme Duval <korli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:33:38 +0200

Hi Stephan,

Selon Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>:

> Hi gang,
>
> today I tried doing a clean makehdimage and ran into several problems:
>
> - The Media add-ons build failed, because they tried to link against yet
> non existing stuff. Changing into the src/addons/media folder and jamming
> there fixed the problem.
>
> - The test/add-ons/kernel/file_systems/fs_shell and bfs did not build.
> Changing into the respective folders and jamming there fixed the problem.

this often happens here too (Jam isn't bug proof ...)

> - The creation of "distro/x86.release.haiku/beos/system/add-ons/Screen
> Saver" failed. Instead a folder "Screen" was created there and a folder
> "Saver" in "./". Renaming "Screen" to "Screen Saver" made the problem go
> away.

You should make sure you use a jam binary built from our sources.

> - I can boot into Haiku now, but the system appears to be frozen (Terminal
> is showing, but I cannot move the mouse or type something). Maybe the
> input_server is not working correctly? It appears there is no more
> "ps2_hid" driver, only "keyboard" and "mouse". Unfortunately, I cannot
> serial debug. I haven't kept compiling and running Haiku for over a month,
> though I did read all commit messages. I don't remember a commit though
> which could be related to Haiku stopping to work on my machine.

This could be a build problem ... maybe try to rebuild app_server stuffs.

> I think the build gurus among us should try and fix those "out of the box"
> compile problems, or new developers might be alienated.

These problems are typical for me, but can't be fixed easily as they are
probably caused by jam itself IMO, ie jam doesn't rebuild every target which
should be.

Bye,
Jérôme