[openbeos] clean makehdimage

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:47:12 +0200

Hi gang,

today I tried doing a clean makehdimage and ran into several problems:

- The Media add-ons build failed, because they tried to link against yet
non existing stuff. Changing into the src/addons/media folder and jamming
there fixed the problem.

- The test/add-ons/kernel/file_systems/fs_shell and bfs did not build.
Changing into the respective folders and jamming there fixed the problem.

- The creation of "distro/x86.release.haiku/beos/system/add-ons/Screen
Saver" failed. Instead a folder "Screen" was created there and a folder
"Saver" in "./". Renaming "Screen" to "Screen Saver" made the problem go
away.

- I can boot into Haiku now, but the system appears to be frozen (Terminal
is showing, but I cannot move the mouse or type something). Maybe the
input_server is not working correctly? It appears there is no more
"ps2_hid" driver, only "keyboard" and "mouse". Unfortunately, I cannot
serial debug. I haven't kept compiling and running Haiku for over a month,
though I did read all commit messages. I don't remember a commit though
which could be related to Haiku stopping to work on my machine.

I think the build gurus among us should try and fix those "out of the box"
compile problems, or new developers might be alienated.

Best regards,
-Stephan