[openbeos] Re: clean makehdimage

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:22:48 +0200 CEST

Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> - The Media add-ons build failed, because they tried to link against
> yet
> non existing stuff. Changing into the src/addons/media folder and
> jamming
> there fixed the problem.
>
> - The test/add-ons/kernel/file_systems/fs_shell and bfs did not
> build.
> Changing into the respective folders and jamming there fixed the
> problem.

Now that I think about it, could it be that Jam hits a BeOS limit?
Specifically, the open FD limit? That would make a very simple
explanation for this misbehaviour, and would be simple to fix as well.

> - I can boot into Haiku now, but the system appears to be frozen
> (Terminal
> is showing, but I cannot move the mouse or type something). Maybe the
> input_server is not working correctly? It appears there is no more
> "ps2_hid" driver, only "keyboard" and "mouse". Unfortunately, I
> cannot
> serial debug. I haven't kept compiling and running Haiku for over a
> month,
> though I did read all commit messages. I don't remember a commit
> though
> which could be related to Haiku stopping to work on my machine.

Hm, have you tried replacing the Terminal with the old MiniTerminal to
see if that brings a relief? Have you enabled the on-screen KDL (aka
blue screen)? And if so, does pressing F12 drops you into the kernel
debugger?

> I think the build gurus among us should try and fix those "out of the
> box"
> compile problems, or new developers might be alienated.

Indeed. Just like the full build under Linux :-)

Bye,
   Axel.